TestJS Summit is an online event for QAs and software developers to get up to date with JS testing best practices, sharpen skills and get latest updates from top products core teams. Get a full ticket to participate in workshops, and network with thousands of others JS testing folks on November 3-4, 2022.
Once you have some tests though, you can have confidence. And once you have confidence, you can make changes. And changes are what’s needed to build awesome products.
So let’s not talk about API details, let’s talk about getting testing done. About being better engineers. About building awesome products.
In this talk we're going to cover something I call "The Testing Spectrum" - a set of tools, practices and mindset of shipping high quality code to production. From prettier all the way to monitoring, let's avoid your next production incident together!
- Opinionated framework enforces best testing practices (test behavior, not integration)
- Opinions on how to find elements ( role) encourages accessibility
- jest-dom assertions lead to simple, readable tests
- ESLint plugins help encourage best practices in real time
- test output helps locate elusive elements
There will be a few code examples, but this is largely a discussion (rather than a how-to).