Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CI/CD) concepts are increasingly adopted many technology organizations and teams. CI/CD enables teams to establish processes that increase velocity, collaboration and quality of their codebase. CI/CD enables developer & operations teams to break down unnecessary silos and gain a deeper knowledge of their respective arenas.
In this workshop the participants will be introduced to the basic fundamentals of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment. Participants will learn the core principles of CI/CD and have the opportunity to reinforce what they’ve learned in a hands on workshop featuring the CircleCI platform. The workshop will demonstrate CI/CD build configuration, code commits, commit builds, code testing and packaging. The participants will leave with a hands-on experience and understanding of what it takes to CI/CD.
Table of contents
- Introduction to the topic of CI/CD, and motivation for it
- Overview of common manual steps & how we might automate them
- Implementing a CI/CD pipeline from 'scratch'
- Overview of CircleCI orbs
- Testing across multiple versions of Node
- Debugging builds with SSH
- Caching dependencies
- Security / vuln scanning
- Deploying to various outlets
- Code and git installed
- GitHub account